Pressure Streamed Pork belly



Streamed Pork Belly in Pressure cooker


This is a poplar menu in S.Korea. 
It is easy and simple to cook and it maybe a very different way of cook for pork belly you've might ever seen if you are not familiar with Korean foods.
(You might have had a similar pork belly dish in Chinese restaurant. That is normally served with sweet and salt soya based sauce.)

This is so simple so I cook it when I don't feel like to cook sometimes.
Now, since I've started ketogenic diet I cook this almost every week.


You will need pressure cooker and also cast iron pot is fine.

500g Pork belly 
Half of onion (white or red)
2-3 sticks of celery
Quarter of white cabbage
(If you are unsure, add 50ml of water)






Place roughly cut cabbage, sliced onion and stick of celery into pot.
And put pork belly top of that.





I cooked for 40mins in my pressure cooker which has a pressure steamed course.
For cast iron pot on the hob, 20mins on medium heat and then a very low heat around 30 mins.



It is two way because I prefer with pork skin on and Mr. likes without the skin. It is a personal preference but I think the taste is better texture and flavour with skin.



It is served in slightly warm or cold. Make sure it is cooled down before it is sliced. Otherwise, the meat and fat will come apart.



Meat and fat part of pork belly will be melt in your mouth and the texture of skin part is like a very good savoury jelly. I actually can't describe in words and you have to experience yourself. With minimum effort and you get top restaurant quality of result! A good pork will do the job so don't worry just try it. 







THE Extra.


I have tried this recipe a couple of times and I will repeat this every time I cook streamed pork belly. 

The fat and vegetables under the pork have been wasted. But now, I will never do that again.


This was actually precious and it has a full of flavours.





Add 100-150ml of cream and 100-150g tomato and blend it.




Boil it and then Simmer for about 5 mins 
Add 1-2 Tsp of tomato puree and simmer for 3 more mins.







Yes, it is a flavour bursting tomato soup that you have ever tasted! 



I really don't like to freeze foods but I have to prepare for the day I am not feel well. Last time I wasn't well, Mr. cook Korean traditional recovery soup which is made by white rice even if I am in ketogenic diet. I had no choice so I ate it. KETO OUT.
So, I am freezing this full fatty Ketogenic soup for just in case. 





2 weeks ago, I didn't add onion but it taste absolutely fine.
The reason I didn't put the onion in was I want to share with K&L.




And the soup.



I didn't add anything and it was just cooked cabbage celery in pork juice. It was still delicious with proper seasoning even without onion, tomato and tomato puree,