Keto Gimbap


This is a recipe for Ketogenic friendly Gimbap. You can use this recipe for reference.
Gimbap can be made with any ingredients so you can put it any ingredients you want. 

It is a similar with Japanese sushi roll but without the raw fish. 
Actually, Gimbap 김밥 means seaweed rice. Gim = seaweed & Bap = streamed rice in Korean.
So Ketogenic friendly Gimbap will be without Bap. 

Those who want to know more about Gimbap, see this Video on youtube. You will get some idea what it is in British point of view.


So, it will be made without rice, in this recipe I choose fried egg noodles for base. 

Other ingredients I choose are 
Celery, oil fried bok choy and carrot, cooked bacon and pork belly.



I chose to make in double seaweed sheets Gimbap. But you can do in one seaweed sheet.
Put eggs noodles 2/3 of seaweed sheet. 
(Rice will be spread on the seaweed sheet if you make normal Gimbap)
Lined the ingredients up bottom of the seaweed sheet and gently roll it.






Roll and close the end of seaweed sheet edge with drop of oil or water. It will be sticked. 
Cut the Gimbap into bite size.





I made a normal Gimbap for Mr. So you can see how it is like normally with Bap.





I made Gimbap for the lunch when we go to Hastings for dayout. It is a very tricky to have meal outside because you don't know what's in it. It is actually a very difficult to find foods contain no sugar or carbs. 




If you choose simple ingredients, Gimbap is easier to make it. Your Gimbap can be bowl of salad in seaweed sheets. I had it on today afternoon. Salad leaves, fried egg sheet, celery and crispy bacon is today's choice. It is a simple, delicious and nutritious Ketogenic meal indeed.




ps. The reason I made my Gimbap with double sheets of seaweed is that I don't have any nutritional supplements. I prefer to have nutrition in my meals naturally and recently I thought I try to have more Iodine in my meal. So I choose to eat more seaweed(dry or wet) in my daily food.